Italian Wedding Soup
- 4 lbs of Joeys Wedding Soup Meatballs
- 8 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 4 cans (15 oz.) White Beans
- 18 qts low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 16 carrots cut into 1/2 inch diced cubes.
- 2 tbsp plus 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 bunches of Kale, stems removed (leaves cut into thin strips)
- 2 ¼ Cup of grated Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving
- 4 1/8 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 1/8 tsp of Onion Powder
- 4 1/8 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a 5-Qt Dutch oven over medium-high heat, combine the broth, water, carrots, onion powder, garlic powder, balsamic vinegar and the ½ tbl minced garlic along with the Kale. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the carrots are tender, 30-40 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and the white beans to the soup and simmer until the meatballs are hot. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and serve immediately. Top with some grated cheese.