MEATBALLS PROVENÇAL APPETIZER
- 72 ea. - Joeys Italian Style Meatball, 1/2 oz thawed
- 1 ¼ Cup - Olive Oil
- 8 Tbl. - Fresh Garlic, chopped
- 6 oz - Onion, chopped
- 2 ¼ Lbs. - Tomato, chopped
- 12 oz - Mushrooms, sliced
- 12 oz - Bell Peppers, assorted colors, diced
- 12 Cup - Red Wine
- 16 Tbl. - Tomato Paste
- 18 Tbl. - Fresh Thyme
- 18 Tbl. - Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- Sugar as need
- Salt and Pepper as need
- 60 ea. - Garlic Bread Slices, toasted
- Heat a sauté pan; add 1 tbl. of olive oil, 1 tsp. garlic and ½ oz. onion and sauté for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add 3 ozs. of diced tomato, 1 oz. of assorted colored bell pepper, 1 oz. sliced mushrooms and 6 Joeys Meatballs and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of red wine and 2 tsp. of tomato paste along with 1 tsp. each of fresh thyme and flat leaf parsley and stir together. Add sugar as needed if to acidic.
- Bring to a boil and let reduce until there is ¼ cup of liquid remaining and the sauce is thickened.
- Check the seasoning adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Remove to a small serving dish. Garnish with ½ tsp. each of fresh thyme and flat leaf parsley.
- Serve with 5 slices of toasted garlic bread.
Yield: 12 Portions – 8 meatballs per portion