- 12 ea. - Joeys 1 oz. Meatballs
- 2 cups - Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tbl. - Butter
- 2 tbl. - Milk
- ¼ cup - Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp. - Minced Parsley
- 2 - Eggs (beaten)
- 1 tbl. - Cornstarch
- ¾ cup - Breadcrumbs (seasoned)
- You will need oil in a pot for deep frying, about 2 inches or use a deep fryer. Heat the oil to 350° F.
- Add butter, milk, cheese and parsley to potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Coat each meatball with about ½ inch of potato mixture.
- Mix egg with cornstarch for batter.
- Roll each ball in batter, then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Fry until golden brown, about 4 at a time.
- Remove and let stand 2-3 minutes, they will be very hot.
- Serve with apricot chutney (see below) or your favorite dipping sauce.
Yield: 6 portions
- 6 Fresh Apricots skinned and pitted or use jarred, (canned as a last resort)
- ½ cup - Orange juice
- ¼ cup - Sherry
- ½ tsp. - Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. - Cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and cook until apricots are no longer firm. Mash with a potato masher or wooden spoon. Simmer until thick. Serve.